Carreer Assesment Tools
Sponsor A Mentor Training Seminar
HELP US TO TRAIN VOLUNTEER MENTORS TO BRING EDUCATION AND HOPE TO OUR IMPOVERISHED COMMUNITIES
Ascending Lights iGraduate seminars train ten (10) volunteer mentors at a time to assist disadvantaged students with
• Understanding the relationship between the community college and long term career and income success.
• Identifying potential careers that match their skills and interests.
• Applying for admission to community college.
• Preparing an academic plan beginning with the first semester in college and ending with graduation or transfer (Roadmap to Success).
• Learning how to access all available student support services.
• Assisting a student in applying for financial aid.
• Acquiring effective study and time management skills
Experienced members of the Ascending Lights mentoring team conduct the seminars and serve as “personal coaches” for those being trained. Classes are intentionally kept small in order to maximize the personalized coaching. Participants learn how to use the iGraduate web site to assist disadvantaged college students beginning with career decisions and ending with graduation. Participants are provided with laptop computers and mobile internet access to practice their skills on example case studies.
Volunteer mentors will also be instructed in the use of the highly effective mentoring tools and procedures that the agency has refined over the last 20 years
Volunteer mentors are provided with full post-training support. They can utilize a help line to talk to an Ascending Lights coach and/or access support through our Ascending Lights iGraduate web site.
SPONSOR A MENTOR TRAINING SEMINAR
Each seminar costs $2,950 per day
Two formats are available: Single Day Intensive or Two Day (Includes a follow up session)
CLICK HERE TO VIEW A COMPLETE BUDGET
If you would like to make another sort of gift, please contact:
Ascending Lights iGraduate
P.O. Box 27790
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Ascending Lights iGraduate is a program of the SAINT JUSTIN EDUCATION FUND FOR LOS ANGELES INCORPORATED, a 501(c)(3) California non-profit corporation. Federal Tax Identification 95-4453824. Contributions are tax deductible.
Sign Up for Mentor
Career Assessment Tools
Community College Info